After New York’s latest legislation allowing abortions up until birth, things can seem bleak for the pro-life movement.
To make matters worse, similar legislation is spreading, almost as if each state is competing to make their pro-abort bill the most extreme of all.
But as some states embrace the culture of death, a pro-life response is taking place around the country and the actions of a few brave legislators unified together are bound to save countless lives.
In fact, the latest legislation trend is giving babies their heartbeat, literally, and proving once and for all light is stronger than darkness.
See our state-by-state analysis of where pro-life lawmakers are fighting back!
As Christians, we are called to fight and stand up for the least of these. And there isn’t a more vulnerable human being than an unborn baby who is helpless to fight for themselves.
Politicians often use unborn babies as political pawns, claiming to be for “women’s rights”, even though women who undergo abortion often experience not only physical, but emotional trauma that lasts a lifetime.
Many even become severely depressed, as they come to regret their abortions later in life, but realize sadly their choice was permanent.
When New York passed their gruesome abortion law, it was horrific. But to further show just how far we’ve fallen as a society, New York actually celebrated their “victory” by lighting up the One World Trade Center in pink, as if boasting to the world the fact that they’ve legalized the murder of innocent life.
Truly, we live in a sinful world and New York’s latest stunt reminds us that this place is not our home.
But refusing to accept defeat, pro-life legislators are doubling down and fighting back with their own legislation which will protect babies at the detection of a heartbeat!
Here’s the lowdown on the latest pro-life action taking place around the country:
1. Mississippi: Great news in the Magnolia State! Both the House and Senate passed legislation that outlaws abortions once a heartbeat is detected! The only exception would be unless a woman’s life is in danger. According to LifeSite News, the Governor is expected to sign the bill into law once both chambers hash out a few differences.
2. Ohio: Ohio is giving the Heartbeat Bill another whirl. Both chambers passed it last year, but then Republican Governor John Kasich vetoed the bill. Legislators even tried to overturn his veto but fell short…by one vote.
So yet again, for the fifth time, the Heartbeat Bill has been introduced! The good news is, Ohio’s newly elected Governor Mike DeWine has pledged his support of the bill and has said he will sign it into law. As we always say, elections matter.
3. Texas: In Texas, Representative Cain introduced the Texas Heartbeat Bill which forbids abortions at the sound of a heartbeat! Already the bill has 40 co-sponsors! When asked her thoughts on the bill, Cain gave a passionate response.
LifeSite News reports:
“The heartbeat is a universally recognized indicator of life,” said Cain. “The Texas Heartbeat Bill recognizes that this universal indicator should also apply to our most innocent and vulnerable Texans. A society is judged by the way it treats its most vulnerable members. I believe the most defenseless members of our society are innocent unborn children.”
4. Kentucky: In the Senate, Kentucky passed a bill outlawing abortion once a heartbeat is detected. The Kentucky legislature has introduced five additional abortion bills including one that would protect babies with Down syndrome and another which would require doctors to preserve the life of a baby who survives a botched abortion.
5. Arkansas: Arkansas’s Governor just signed the Arkansas Human Life Protection Act into law which makes it illegal for a woman to have an abortion, except when physical harm will occur to the mother. Doctors who move forward to abort a baby can face a fine up to $100,000, including prison time. The only catch with this one is it won’t go into effect until after Roe v. Wade is overturned – which many states hope will happen under the Trump administration.
So pro-lifers, take heart! While the enemy is still roaming this earth causing chaos, the Spirit of God is alive and active in the hearts of His people. And thankfully, those who are elected to positions of power are taking a bold stand to fight for life and not idly sitting on the sidelines refusing to take a side.
The battle for life has a political element, but the true battle is fought in the spiritual realm.
Please remember to pray for our leaders. Pray they have the strength and courage to stand up for the most vulnerable. Pray their conviction is unwavering and they won’t sell out when the going gets tough.
And please pray for those who are on the opposite side of life. The power of God can soften even the hardest of hearts so lets pray for those who are enemies of life that they will come to realize the truth that it is God who is the author of life and it is He, and only He, who gets to decide who lives and who dies.
Do you believe babies’ lives should be protected once a heartbeat is detected? Are you hopeful Roe v. Wade will be overturned while Trump is in office?
Tell us your thoughts in the comments below! And be sure to share this good news with all your friends and family!